How it Works
Farm Share Ltd. works with local family farms to bring freshly harvested organic crops to your table. Our Farm Sharetm delivery service means you can participate in a CSA and support local farms without having to drive to a pick-up location. You can now enjoy weekly (in spring/summer/fall) or monthly (in winter) deliveries of organic and naturally grown produce from a small local farm directly to your door.
With Farm Share’s community supported agriculture (CSA), you become a "member" of the farm for the season and you receive a delivery of your portion of the farm’s harvest. As the season progresses, the harvest changes so you continue to taste and discover new food throughout the season. Members receive an email newsletter with information and news from the farm.
Farm Share also provides easy-to-follow recipes weekly in our newsletter—many from our talented member chefs—and a place for members to exchange recipes on our website, so that you can learn to cook the food we deliver and trade your own culinary discoveries with a community of Farm Share members. So be sure to subscribe.
Important To Know Before You Enroll
1. Please check to make sure you are within our delivery area.
2. Please note that we cannot make substitutions to the boxes.
3. Please note that we cannot specify a delivery time during delivery days, although we will try to provide a 6 hr delivery window.
4. Eggs are included in Winter Shares. In Spring/Summer/Fall, Fruit and eggs can only be ordered as add-ons to veggie shares, they are not stand-alone options.
Sign up periods:
1. Spring/Summer/Fall seasons: Spring/Summer/Fall shares are delivered from June - November. Sign up for these weekly shares begins in early January and runs through the season at a pro-rated amount, as long as shares remain available.
2. Winter Season: Winter shares are delivered from November - May. In 2015 members had a choice of delivery every 3 weeks or every 6 weeks. Sign up for Winter shares is only available in the fall.
A Note about Delivery Areas
During our enrollment period, shares are available for home delivery in all of NYC and the following Southern Westchester towns: Ardsley, Armonk, Bronxville, Dobbs Ferry, Eastchester, Harrison, Hartsdale, Hastings, Irvington, Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Mt. Vernon, New Rochelle, Pelham, Pleasantville, Port Chester, Rye, Rye Brook, Scarsdale, Sleepy Hollow, Tarrytown, Tuckahoe, West Harrison, White Plains and Yonkers. We also deliver to Mt. Kisco, Bedford, Valhalla and Chappaqua, and parts of Fairfield County, CT, including Stamford, Greenwich, Old Greenwich and Riverside, Darien, New Canaan, and Norwalk.
What’s in a CSA Share?
Shares are designed for 1-2 adults who love vegetables or a family with small children. Vegetarian or larger families often purchase two shares. While quantity depends on what is being harvested on the farm each week, each weekly vegetable share generally includes 6-10 varieties and up to a half bushel of fresh vegetables, with many different delicious varieties including outstanding heirloom types not available in stores. Fruit shares contain 1-3 items each week. Egg shares include 1 dozen pasture-raised, hand-collected organic eggs with each weekly box. Winter shares also contain eggs and other farm-made products in addtional to vegetables.
Members of the farm pledge in advance to cover the anticipated costs of the farm operation. In return, they receive shares in the farm's bounty throughout the growing season, as well as satisfaction gained from reconnecting to the land and their food supply. Members also share in the risks of farming, including unfavorable weather or pests. By selling directly to a community of members who have provided the farmer with working capital in advance, farmers gain some financial security in an uncertain time and are relieved of much of the burden of marketing.